Professor Ross Barnard’s research includes infectious disease diagnostics, and developing new technologies for detecting infections. These range from assays to developing a new real-time PCR technology. Professor Barnard also studies antibody engineering for diagnostic and treatment applications, particularly using antibody fragments to identify and target antigens, substances that cause the immune system to produce antibodies against it.
- Fellow of the Australian Society for Microbiology
- Doctor of Science, The University of Queensland
- Fellow of the National Academy of Clinical Biochem
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education, The University of Queensland
- Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Science (Hons), Monash University
- Bachelor of Science, University of Melbourne